The capital of Vietnam is Hanoi. It borders with China, Laos and Cambodia.
The official language is written in Latin alphabet with Portuguese phonetics and some ethnic groups have their own dialect. French is a second language, as is English.
- The visa is a mandatory document.
- Do not accept assignments from anyone. Your passport must be more than 6 months valid when you leave the country.
- Purchase a travel medical insurance.
- Bring a mosquito net and mosquito repellent.
- Avoid drinking homemade or unbranded alcoholic beverages.
- Be very careful when crossing the streets, traffic accidents are the main cause of death in the country.
- Do not take pictures of demonstrations, military installations or security forces.
- Public displays of affection are frowned upon.
- To enter religious or historical sites you must wear appropriate clothing and remove your shoes.
Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory for travelers coming from a country at risk. The recommended vaccinations are:
- Seasonal Influenza
- Japanese encephalitis
- Hepatitis A y B
Malaria treatment must be taken before visiting the country.