Its capital is Maputo. It borders Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Swaziland. Portuguese is the official language but several African languages are also spoken. Religions are diverse: there are 5 million Catholics, 4 million Muslims and a considerable percentage of the population follows traditional beliefs.
- The visa is mandatory to enter the country.
- You should always carry a copy of your passport because you may be detained to verify your identity.
- You should always drink bottled water.
- Be cautious when traveling (accompanied by preference) and do so during the day.
- The weather goes from cool to hot and cold at night.
- Take first aid kit and moisturizers as well as repellent.
Vaccination against yellow fever is mandatory. The following vaccines are recommended:
- Hepatitis A and B.